The outdoor Skate Park equipment was acquired in 2002 and is located in McElroy Park. Bicycles are NOT allowed in the Skate Park. We ask users to abide by the skate park rules posted at the park and as follows:
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SKATEBOARD PARK:
– WARNING! Skating can be dangerous. Know you abilities and skate within them. Failing to do so can result in serious injury or death.
– Wearing protective equipment (helmet, wrist guards, elbow and knee guards/pads) is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
– Weather conditions such as snow, ice or rain can make the skating surface dangerous.
– Be courteous to other skaters.
– Be alert. Skate parks are prone to flying boards and bodies.
– Prohibited are:
- Tobacco products, alcohol, and controlled substances.
- Horseplay and fighting.
- Bikes, scooters and motorized equipment.
- Outside objects such as benches, tables or other objects.
- Glass containers.
– Watch your language. Profanity is unacceptable.
– Skating is permitted only during daylight hours.
– Eating and drinking only off of the skating surface.
– Keep your skate park clean. Place all trash in waste receptacles.
– Spectators please watch (and encourage) skaters from off the skating surface.
– Pets must be leashed and kept off the skating surface.
– Report damaged equipment immediately by calling the Parks and Rec main office at 252-3982.
– Skate park hours are 5:00am – 10:30pm.