Coronavirus – Covid-19 Information
The Jamestown Parks and Recreation main office will remain open Monday – Friday from 7:30am – 4:30pm. We will no longer be allowing any walk-in traffic. Contact information for the main office is 701-252-3982 and firstname.lastname@example.org. TRAC will post facility related COVID-19 updates as well as At-Home Workouts, Recipes and more on their website https://tracjamestown.com/covid-19-updates/.
JPRD will follow CDC and ND Department of Health recommendations to ensure we are making well informed decisions. We will continue to give regular updates to inform the community of our operations.
Concerns about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak continue to grip our nation. Jamestown Parks and Recreation District (JPRD) supports the power of parks and open spaces as essential resources for health and wellness and understands that people may have questions and concerns about visiting parks, trails, or open spaces at this time.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has flagged mental health as a top concern associated with the COVID-19 outbreak. Social distancing may take a toll on our mental health, especially during high-stress and anxiety-producing global public health emergencies. Parks and open spaces provide a connection to the outdoors as well as opportunities for physical activity which studies demonstrate reduces stress and improves mental health.|
Jamestown Parks & Recreation announces that beginning May 20th; park playgrounds will be accessible to the public. JPRD recommends bringing your own hand sanitizer and/or wipes and encourages maintaining the recommended 6-foot social distancing policy that is in currently place by the CDC and North Dakota Department of Health.
- Refrain from using parks, courts, fields or trails if exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks, courts, fields or trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- While on trails, warn other users of presence as you pass and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times. If other users are present and it is not possible to keep to less than 10 people and maintain physical distancing of 6 feet, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
- Modify the activity to meet size and distance recommendations.
- JPRD strongly recommends bringing your own hand sanitizer and/or wipes.
- Having dogs in a park, trail, or open space is allowed, but residents are reminded that dogs are required to be on a leash at all times in accordance with park district ordinances.
Be patient, be kind.